By Maryann Gaug - Second Edition
A guide to Colorado's greatest hiking adventures. Lace up your boots and sample fifty of the finest trails Colorado has to offer. This hiker's paradise offers not only rugged peaks and crystal clear alpine lakes, but also historic ruins and magnificent canyons. climb to Alberta Peak along the Continental Divide Trail, journey to Colorado's highest point at the top of Mount Elbert, hike beneath immense sandstone cliffs in Devils Canyon, or try a dunes hike in the San Luis Valley.
Inside you'll find:
- Detailed shaded relief maps
- GPS waypoint coordinates for each hike
- Accurate route profiles showing the ups and downs of each hike
- Tips on equipment, trip planning, and hiking with dogs and children
- Accurate directions, difficulty ratings, trail contacts, and more!