By Martin Hintz
This is your complete guide to 107 of the best day hiking trails in Wisconsin. No matter what part of the state you want to explore or how easy or hard a trek you want, this handy book will lead you to the right trail.
Full of interesting and scenic destinations in the northern, central, and southern sections of the state, Hiking Wisconsin offers you a guided tour of 55 featured areas. The book even provides urban hiking areas, in case you want to enjoy Wisconsin's unique cities. This guide book brings to life the history, terrain, flora, and fauna of each area.
Includes the following special features:
- Detailed descriptions of 107 Trails, including the length of trail, estimated time to hike it, and difficulty rating
- 148 easy-to-read Park and Trail Maps
- A Map of each featured Trail, with points of interest and trail distances
- Practical info on how to get to Parks, the park hours, available facilities, permits and rules, and addresses and phone numbers
- A convenient Trail-Finder Grid, which provides a summary of each trail's features and location in the book
- A section on nearby points of interest, with contact phone numbers